View Poll Results: What are your thoughts in wheel widths in ITB and ITC?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave rule as-is.

46 37.10%
  • Allow OEM wheels (even if wider than 6")

13 10.48%
  • Allow stock-SIZED wheels (even if wider than 6")

11 8.87%
  • Move ITC and ITB to 7" width

45 36.29%
  • Open up IT to any wheel size (that fits within fender rules)

19 15.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Wheel width, ITB, again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tga, your looking at the wrong end for this broad change you propose of no wheel rule. Think about a front wheel drive ITS prelude now being able to run a 15x9" wheel with a 275/35 15 tire up front. You don't think that is gonna be a huge help? If he can't get them hot enough just run A's instead of R's. I'd much rather see the rule made 7" to be identical in itc-its than to open it up completely. I'm positive that somewhere maybe barber even my itc car would be faster with a 225/45 15 in an autox compound on a 15x7.5 wheel. Think of it more like a big gocart, slight lift and turn to scrub speed. No partial throttle, just lift/brake turn full throttle, even if it is still scrubbing a little speed down to the apex you just enter faster. Prod cars do it with 100-140 hp(more obviously for some cars/classes), why do you guys think are cars will react any different to more grip? I do think places like turn 1 at mid ohio would simply slow my car to have more tire, but not enough to make me not run it for the carosel, the keyhole, and the esses. Not to mention I'm sure I can carry more speed into thundervalley with more tire. If the logic that more grip/tire can be bad why don't low hp production guys run DOT tires to lose some grip, maybe whe should all run 195/60 r14 615 azenis cause without all that mad grip slowing us down in the corners we will go faster. Sorry, but Jake is right, speeds would go up significantly on some cars, and I can't believe from a cost standpoint anyone would suggest this as acceptable. tga, if you were building lets say a fwd its car, I'm positive you'd now want more front tire, now if said car wasn't a 4x100 bolt pattern your back to high dollar wheels, What have you fixed? Allow downsizing to 15" wheels, make the rule 7"inches wide, tell them to get kodiak racing wheels or similar in a 16x6 17x6 size because they can, I don't care but opening up the rule Is stupid and cost prohibitive period.

Brian Frank
    Last edited by lateapex911; 06-10-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: punctuation to clarify