Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
Seriously, I agree with Rodger and Greg. Open it up to what ever fits under the finder over the stock brakes, and around the suspension. I just don't see the reason to have the biggest rim under there. Of course I'm still running 16x7 stock rims that only weigh 18lbs each. The balance comes when you run more tire than the car has weight to handle or hp to spin up. Other than that pull the old "you pick your car warts and all" line.
I posted several times in the begining of this thread and I don't really have any arguements other than what I have posted as I feel that what I have already said clearly explains my view.

However I have to comment on the idea above. (Not to pick on you z3_gocar but you where the last to suggest this idea again) IS this honestly something you would really consider! Dave Gran posted some sizes of rims that would fit under the fenders for Volvos and I think Saabs. If anyone thinks that ITB is all about HP and such I think diefferently and I truelly think that MOMENTUM is huge! with 13inches of Rubber under a Volvo (or a size somewhere between 6inch to 13inch) I certainly think they will GAIN corner speed and therefor momentum and will drop lap times significantly.

would you take the challenge to race for pinks with your car... you on 4" wide tires and me on 10" wide tires?

Someone said it on some thread... Size matters

I strongly suggest that we do not consider the "if it fits run it" idea. Other ideas that have been posted are good alternatives... I still stick to the idea that you should be able to run the stock rims that came from the factory on your car. "IT catagory rules" do not guarentee competiveness and if you want the lighter rims they exist for a price.

Stephen