Thread: Scca It Is Time For Change Now!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dave-

Your on to something... I remember an event a couple years ago at watkins Glenn that did something to promote FV and they had something like 40+ cars entered.

I think IT is where it needs to be, the regions need to do something to attract the other classes to the events... Maybe an open wheel enduro? Maybe a vintage/production car featured race and car show? The focus probably shouldn't be on IT, Bob and others have already done what was needed to get those groups out racing... We (the IT group) tend to look at penalizing other groups for low attendance which will only pushpeople away, instead we should be looking at ways to reward those for showing up... After all isn't that one reason IT and sm/ssm has grown? We have double dipping, team di proit, enduros, etc.

Andy- I agree with your less races = greater demand argument but what reagon is willing to give up a money making race to encourage people to run other less popular events? We need one organization managing the events so that the "correct" choices are made.

Raymond

Raymond
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 05-20-2009 at 07:42 PM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com