Thread: New ITR SCCA 300zx

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

so the bars of the cage don't have to meet up, they just have to all attach to the same plated area? like in your I am assuming NX200 example. The "cage" all welds to the point in front of the rear shock tower, and the rear brace is welded to a plate on the side of the rear shock tower. What makes this legal is as long as those plates touch or are built as one piece then it can be considered as part of the cage and not a seperate piece?

An alternate example. What if yoiu were to have a cage and plate welded to teh cage, then have anothe rplate closer to the top of the strut tower that does not touch the plate for the cage. This would be considered illegal correct?

another example/question.. for the first gen MR2 that I am building right now. IT is almost impossilbe to weld in a bar similair to this design in quesiton becuase it woudl go right through my engien, and would also make working on it more difficult. Since it is an uncessary bar, would you be allowed to add a bar in similiar fashion to your NX200, and then make it removable?
    Last edited by quadzjr; 04-06-2009 at 06:09 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]