Quote Originally Posted by tom_sprecher View Post
...Maybe the answer is to do it on a Divsional basis using polling of drivers like I and Mr. Ellis-Brown have suggested. I'd prefer that the ITAC and CRB not lose control of the rule making process in such a manner, but if it's what the customer wants and he pays all the bills, who am I to say "no".
Go for it.

There's NOTHING keeping a region (or regions) from designing unique classes. Ignore the facts that (a) your drivers won't be able to take a legal car anywhere else (like the Festival), and (b) nobody will come spend their vacation racing dollars in your locale...

Personally, I would LOVE to have jacking plates but I understand how the long-term health of the category *might* be compromised by the change, and I have to put that ahead of what I want. Many marginal compromises make big changes over time.

David - and I'm serious when I ask this - as someone who submitted multiple proposals for rule changes this past year, how do you suggest we decide where to draw the line? I recall you had 8-10 (more?) specific new allowances that you asked the ITAC to consider...

How would you recommend that the ITAC should respond to that situation?

What if 30 other IT car owners each submit a similar number of requests...?

K