Jeez! Leave this place for a day to get some real work done and look what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
When you submit your findings, please also add the following:

A proposed rule that allows what you want but also does NOT allow any additional stucutural enhancement to the chassis other than what is already permitted in the ITCS...
"Two jacking plates are allowed, one welded under each side of the car at a balance point that must lift both front and rear tires of that side completely off the ground while having a total area of no more than 144 sqin each and shall not be less than .080" in thickness or exceeding .25" in thickness. Any other function or additional structural enhancement to the chassis is prohibited"

Now that that's done let's get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
this REALLY bugs me. i think the "public sector" (read; government) is a huge catostrophic failure because...
Wow! I meant the private sector but I typed "public". My bad, and I do agree with you, but you have to admit the same does not apply to the private sector.

Quote Originally Posted by ddewhurst View Post
***but as anybody who works in the public sector knows, it is usually best to give your customers what they want or they tend to go elsewhere. ***

IMHJ, there are two choices now. Stay in Improved Touring with the rules as the are now written or move to Production where the rules have been so screwed over over the last 40 years that there are basically no rules. Oh, you want to build a car to no rules, how about you build a Grand Touring car. DO YOU SEE THE PROGRESSION?

I respectfully have to disagree with you in that there is a third choice which is what the topic of this thread has turned into.