Quote Originally Posted by D. Ellis-Brown View Post
In this month's Fastrack there is a submittal to "Allow the removal of the windshield washer system" and was submitted by Hullinger –the response to this request is “This is outside of the parameters of the class philosophy”….I know where the Purpose and Intent of Improved Touring are documented within the GCR. The only reference to "philosophy" (that I have found) is in the reference to the statement "that we will give you a place to race you car and have fun, but not guarantee that you will be competitve". I have never seen a documented statement titled "Philosophy or Parameter of the Class Philosophy". Please let me know where such a document can be found so that we can use it as a reference for future submittals. I am sure that many competitors in Area 3 would like to be made aware of the IT class philosophy”. We are being indoctrinated that words "shall" mean something. If this is the case I would like to familarize myself with the said "class philosophy" . Now if no such document or statement on philosophy exists, then the rationale for rejecting this request is invalid. Therefore Mr/Ms Hullinger should be given the courtesy of a more creditable response from the CRB or the ITAC why their request was rejected. Any member of SCCA who submits a "rules change request" should be given the courtesy of a creditable, logical, rationale response. Not some nebulous, meaningless statement in response.
Respectfully , David Ellis-Brown
Dave,

The CRB writes the actual responses that appear in Fastrack. But when the ITAC discussed this as well as the similar letters that you have written, basically we felt that these rules are not difficult to meet, and there's no compelling reason to change.

After a member's letter has been acted on, any member is welcome to contact an ITAC member directly and ask about the discussion that occurred around that letter.

Josh