I have not been involved in this sport for very long so please excuse my ignorance but... I am a driver in training and as I waited for schools last year I got hooked on flagging on my 'off' weekends. I just wanted to give an opinion on something that was brought up earlier; I drove to New Hampshire from New York by myself for a three day weekend last year and slept in my car in order to afford the excursion!! An offer of a floor for my sleeping bag or company for the evening would have been great!! After the workers party on Friday and Saturday I read a book by lantern sitting by my car door! This was my choice and I really had a great weekend but it could have been even more fun! I worked the corners because someone in my first school said it was the best way to learn to drive the corners and I did learn alot, however sitting with a veteran driver and getting advice could have been priceless! This year I hope to be in the car a lot more then on the corners but I do feel my experience was invaluable. When you are in the drivers' schools everyone is so free with stories and tips...that would be a great help to novices after a days race even if it is given while they are working on their cars and getting ready for the next days race!
Denise VanBuren