Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
It boggles my mind when n00bs want to build what's sitting in their driveway.
+1.

Buy, don't build.

Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
I just can't seem to part with my 2002. So this is why i am considering turning it into a race car.
Let me rephrase: "I have a car that I really love. So, since I love it so much, I'm going to hack into it, removing most parts and cutting into others to install safety equipment. THEN I'm going to put it on the same track as Kevin Ruck and Joe DiMinno - maybe, probably, BETWEEN Kevin Ruck and Joe DiMinno - so that they can beat the shit out of each and every body panel for me. Oh, but they'll say 'I'm sorry'. Maybe."

Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
It wouldn't really cost all that much to get my car where it needs to be. Probably right around $7000 to get it there.
May I rephrase, again?

"I'm going to take a nice car worth roughly $10,000, add in $7,000 worth of modifications, and instantly make it worth - maybe - $4000-5000 in resale value as a race car. But only if I can find that special someone else that loves it as much as I do."

I would just love to race this car because i know the car so well.
Which means, in all truthiness, you are completely unenlightened as to other possibilities there are out there.

For reference, a Honda CRX Si won (on the track) the last two years of National ITA Championships. You know, the same make/model car that you can buy right now for $3000...?

Hey, just sayin'....

Buy, don't build.