Embargoed – For Release 10/16/08 at 9am CDT

SCCA Begins Search Process for Executive Succession

TOPEKA, Kan. (Oct. 16, 2008) – Sports Car Club of America’s Board of Directors announced today that it has begun a process to find the Club’s next president. Current SCCA President and CEO Jim Julow informed the Board of his intention to leave the post at the end of his three-year contract, February 1, 2009.

“While we were saddened to hear that Jim will not be extending his contract, change brings opportunity,” SCCA Chairman R.J. Gordy said. “Jim has brought tremendous business operations acumen to the position, and we believe it has changed the business side of the Club in a very positive manner. We now look ahead to the opportunity to expand on what Jim has brought the last three years.”

Julow intends to serve his full contract that named him to the post in 2006.

“I will do everything I can to help transition SCCA to its next president,” Julow said. “It is a great organization with great members, and I will miss the interaction with the individuals that make the Club special. However, over the last several months, it has become clear that the Board and I disagree on the amount of change the Club needs and the pace at which that change needs to occur. For that reason, we differ philosophically, and it’s best for the Club and its future to make a change moving forward that will bring the board and its president much more into alignment.”

The new executive search will be led by a search committee, made up of members of the current SCCA Board of Directors with outside counsel. The Board has also determined a slight change in the duties of the position, including a title change to president and chief operating officer.

“We are seeking candidates with a strong background in marketing and business operations, as well as a solid understanding and appreciation of the Club’s culture,” Gordy said. “The president and COO will lead the staff in executing the policy set forth by the Board of Directors.”

Interested parties should e-mail resumes to [email protected] or fax to (785) 862-7190.

SCCA
Founded in 1944, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. is a 50,000-plus member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both club and professional levels. It annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 113 regions and professional subsidiary. Landmark events and series for the Club include the SCCA SPEED World Challenge Championships, the Club Racing National Championship Runoffs®, and The Tire Rack® SCCA Solo National Championships and ProSolo Championship. For more information, please visit www.scca.com.