Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
Mark, I enjoy seeing the Prod cars come out and think the Prod Fest is a good thing. But you have to remember this is a regional weekend, and in my (humble) opinion regional classes should be the focus. Lopping off one IT class to run with SRF and SM to make this work.....well, I respect the decision of NCR leadership (they are all good folks) but it gives me serious pause about running the race with that group. I'm sure you understand the reasons why.

That said, I've asked for a split start for ITS cars and if we get it, I'll be fine with the situation. The problem is when this happened in May, we were told to wait to ask for teh split start on race day, and every ITS driver present did so. We were then told we had waited too long.

I have no idea why there are two ECRs and a Cup race this weekend. I agree it is a lot of racing on a two day weekend. I also don't think the appropriate solution is to take one IT group -- admittedly mine -- and stick them in with SRFs and SMs. But so it goes.
Hi Jeff,

Please let me know if I can help at all with getting a split start. I am friends with some of the NCR "management" and have a good relationship with most stewards, so with whatever little influence I have I'll be happy to help.

Stop by and say hi during the weekend, we'll be the ones with about a hundred people around our trailer on Sat. night (Prod Party).

Mark

#14 FP VW Scirocco