"I think it looks fine... probably on the nicer end of most of the IT cars in the Midwest circuit. I raced all of '07 in an ITA car that looked the same or worse.

We're not all made of money and often times it doesn't make sense to do a bunch of body work on a $3k car between races when we know it's going to happen again. I can also assure you that the rule is written to keep a professional image for our sport, not to ensure that we all have show cars. As long as your car doesn't look like a demo-derby car from 50 feet away, you should be fine. I'd personally like the opportunity to tell your tech inspector where he can shove his GCR. "

I agree strongly and had the same experience at the same track. When I ended up in impound in 4th after the 94 ARRC the tech guys gave me the third degree about the neat and clean rule, telling me that if I returned in the same condition, I wouldn't be allowed to race. The car was raced all over the NE without any mention of neat/clean until then as well as later (95) phil