Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
It will, only if you want it to.

We've been trying for a couple of years to gin up enough interest to make a fully independent body work, including creating an community modeled on the open-source software approach, so WE can own the process and standards...

...but as Greg A. says, only about 4 of us among the SCCA membership care enough to even bleat as we go off to the hammer.

...than for someone else to take it and run. Several names associated with the IT.com community have been involved but at the end of the day, it looks like most road racers are totally fine with the situation.

K
Or - could it be that those who would be willing to support a new, independent organization are simply not convinced that the model presented by RSI is a workable one? I know there were several fairly lengthy discussions over at the sandbox about RSI, and as near as I can tell nothing is any different now than it was before. Or maybe I've just missed it. Hey, I'm a huge fan of Gregg and the ISAAC, and pretty much loathe SFI, but until you present an alternative that can gain the backing of the industry you're pretty much urinating into a stiff breeze. Show me something that I believe can work, and I'll be the first one up the gangplank.