I just found this forum and joined today. Short background on me: I've been doing DEs for the past 7 years, instructing for 5 years, and I just became Chief Instructor for the Kansas City BMW Club. About 2 years ago I bought a "built" E30 325i from a BMW Club racer in California. The car has been an absolute nightmare: found out it had a warped head/cam, had to replace driveshaft, diff, all calipers, shocks, etc. The suspension, brakes, and diff are sorted, but my rebuilt engine only lasted 4 races. I'm currently using a 1987 junkyard engine that apparently had a head rebuild ~5 years ago. I've been competitive and won a few races when the car was running, but since I put the latest junkyard engine in I've been finishing 2nd/3rd.

If you don't mind, please post a short intro and tell me about yourself.

Just out of curiousity, what are your guys thoughts about the E30 being competitive in ITS? I've done fairly well so far, but I'm having a really tough time keeping up with an E36 and a Gen2 RX7. The E36 pulls 10+ car lengths and the Gen2 RX7 pulls at least 8 car lengths on ~2000' straights. Do you guys think this is just a function of a tired/old motor in my car, or is the E30 just not a competitive car in this class? I'd appreciate any thoughts.