Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
i'm curious as to why this is? are there a group of people who just HAVE to be in the fastest IT class that exists?
Yes there is. I have to say that is how I picked ITS three years ago. Not because I thought I was fast, good, or anything else. But I figured if I was going to do something then I was going "all in". I now realize that this thinking was quite, how shall I say it, stupid, but I was naive about the entire scene. And I'm not afraid to admit it. Lots of things I'd do different now but that would be quite an essay.

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
what is different about the demographic in A compared to S? what do you think causes this difference? are there any cars in the works waiting to be classed that could replenish the older 240s?
It appears that the ITA group is mainly the FWD cars - hot hatches, Hondas, and so on. ITA seems to be populated with folks that enjoy these cars or maybe grew up driving them. I never owned a front wheel drive car until about four years ago so I was more interested in the "old school" S cars.

My guess is ITA could be highly appealing to new young racers who are used to the FWD cars and like hotting them up, except that the average modern FWD car has more stock horsepower than can be comfortably classed in ITA.