Thread: Is my new car competitive?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is my new car competitive?

Just throwing this out to all - Shwah, Tristan, Santos - and anyone else who campaigns a Vdub. I have documented on the board the fact that my ITC Bunny met it's demise at IRP this past May and has been replaced with an '84 ITB A1 GTI. My question is how competitive can an A1 be in B? I was able to get my C Bunny within 1.2 seconds of the lap record at Gateway last fall and still had work to do on the car. Now I'm back at square 1 with the new car and class. The learning curve won't be as steep this time around, but I am just wondering aloud as to the reality of this chassis in B. I know I'm outhorsed by the A2 & A3 cars and most other cars, but on a relatively short, handling course is this chassis viable? Thanks for your time, gents.

Edit: What type of stripper (easy, boys), besides a hammer & chisel, is good for removing the undercoating slathered all over the undercarraige?
    Last edited by Grumpa; 09-02-2008 at 07:29 PM.
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp