Quote Originally Posted by dlg208 View Post
We're not talking lap times here...

It's blatant & It's obvious and it's NOT exit speed!

You should EARN every pass...
(Otherwise buy your own trophies....Their only 5 bucks)
Perhaps you should define what you mean by "earn"? Building a good motor not part of that equation in your book?

I've never pulled on anyone in my life...
Unless they were gushing blue smoke or were otherwise F'ed up.
That would seem at odds with your first statement, to me anyway.

I feel guilty about the 3rd I got today because the REAL 3rd place guy and the REAL 4th place guy took each other out.
I don't even know it I can put the wood up in my garage.

They were better drivers...
Not better car owners.
That's a pretty sad statement of a lack of self-confidence, IMO. They're not that much better drivers if they can't avoid taking eachother out, now, are they? Seems to me that you certainly did earn that trophy, and if you can't appreciate it, then it's time to hand it over to the next guy in line.

Ever think you don't have any competition? Ask the guys behind you if they'd agree with that statement.

And would you say they're better car owners than you? They didn't manage to avoid damaging their cars; in my book, that means you don't care for your car. I avoid contact and damage to every extent possible - because I built and maintain my car, and I value the time I don't have to spend fixing it.

So perhaps you should reevaluate how you feel about your racing - seems to me like you're giving yourself much less respect than you deserve. Personally, as much as I respect the guys running up front in CRX's and VW's, I actually have more respect for the poor SOB out there running an oddball car, doing it the hard way - it shows a lot more committment and guts than buying the latest flavor of winner. BTDT - and it's finally paying off.

And please take this as the backwars compliment it's intended to be. IT racing is supposed to about having fun, not holding grudges.