Quote Originally Posted by bonespec View Post
So with the 20-30 pounds of expoy paint, how heavy will the car be?

What FD will be needed to move that slug???? 6.0:1

Oh yeah, I've been eyeballin a 88-89 Sedan locally, hrm. VIN rule?
:middlefinger:

4.7 FD will work fine. The car is weighted the same as the "regular" 88-91 Civic and CRX Si. The bare shell and cage before paint weighed in at 733#'s. With all the parts back on the car and a little fuel, it should weigh in right at or just under the min weight of 2250. Figure it this way, my CRX had all it's undercoating and needed 50lbs of lead, 20lbs of spare tire, and about 5 gallons (35lbs) of fuel to meet min weight. That's a total of something like 120-125#'s of weight that the Sedan won't need.

I believe that the VIN rule is set to go into effect for 2009. The chassis would be fine with the exception of bolt on parts like the master cylinder, front spindles, proportioning valve, front calipers. I know some others have looked at taking advantage of the VIN rule and building a similar car.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
At first I thought that RARB mount wasn't really tied in well, then I looked at the second picture, and heh heh heh, it's tied in...oh yea, no issues there!
Yeah, Schimmel did a good job fitting it in there and making sure it wouldn't go anywhere.