Thread: Round 3 - Driving Impressions Pro-IT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ed, IMO, it wasn't all Steve's fault*. See below video link; start watching at ~24:00 when we came upon to lap said "Make And Model That Must Not Be Mentioned" (MaMTMNBM - tm) nearly like we were beamed down by the Starship Enterprise. Notice said MaMTMNBM making blocking moves to keep both ITS cars in arrears.

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8402032115544622275&hl=en[/ame]

Caution: language. Hey, just sayin'...

The other "incident" happens at 41:45 when I let a lapping ITS car** pass on the left side of the exit of the left-hander, and I could See Andy Bettencourt was going to take me on the inside of the right-hander on exit. Then, a MaMTMNBM (tm) decides to try and pass me on the outside of the subsequent right-hander. I was taken totally by surprise by such a bonehead (IMO) move, and was left with very little options.

And, in hindsight, scroll to the very end of the video to see exactly why I was driving like ass starting about 18 minutes in. It's definitely one of those cases where "ignorance is bliss"...

* I will grant that Steve's move was aggressive, and I agree it's his responsibility for a clean pass; hell, I've done that too in the same place before and didn't pull it off. But, I think in this particular case it was somewhat warranted, given Steve having spent 1-2 laps witnessing that driver's effort to block me (and causing me to lose the position to Steve as a result).

"Passing driver" and all that, but dude, seriously...

** After the first incident, I got the car collected, but things didn't "feel" quite right. I was evaluating the situation (while still pulling 1:04s and 05s) when up comes Maynard, the overall leader. I let him by. A lap later we got a full course caution and all my competitors up front gained a lap on me, and my race was Well and Truly Over at that point. Thank you, come again. As competitors came rolling up on me I simply let them by, while simply trying to nurse the car home for a finish.

On edit: BTW, Ed, I wanted to apologize for that nose-stick I did to you in the Uphill (?). I thought I had it timed properly, but nope...thanks for leaving the hole open anyway... - GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 08-04-2008 at 09:03 AM.