I'm talking E load rating tires.

Our Chevy 2500HD is 2wd which helps a little on fuel economy but the stock tires absolutely SUCK! Damp pavement = little to no traction, which unfortunately also translates to wet grass or soggy paddocks. I picked up this truck from my bother in law last fall and this year we've been stuck once in Putnam's early spring soggy grass paddock, nearly stuck a couple of other times, and worried about it the rest of the time --> no fun.
The stock tires are Bridgestone R265 5rib, load rating E (245/75-16), TireRack classifies them as a Highway Summer Rib so that might explain the traction, and unfortunately for me they last for ever (38k now and 1/2 worn)! I don't think I can put up with them till are all used up as this lack of traction is likely to get worse as they continue to wear down.

Been looking at the Michelin LTX M/S and A/T 2 since I've heard good things about Michelin for tire life. Other than wet grass paddocks all this truck sees is highway trailer towing miles.

Any others out there with a 2WD that have not had issues with grass paddocks? if so, which tires?
Is going to a M/S or A/T going to be noticeable in fuel economy? I assume A/T would be better than a M/S for rolling resistance/noise/and tire life.

If your talking about something other than an E load rated tire than it has no meaning for me.