At last year's event Alabama Region ended up refunding $11,000 in entry fees to people that chose not to go out on Saturday because of the rain. The Saturday evening social (which was quite nice for those that attended) was already committed to based on pre-entries, and the refunds caused the region to go from making a reasonable profit on the weekend to barely breaking even.

While Atlanta Region has the resources to withstand such a hit, Alabama Region decidedly does not. This refund policy is the best compromise I could negotiate between the two regions, and it's simply an effort to have the racers put some skin in the game rather than getting up Saturday morning and deciding to re-arrange their sock drawer rather than going to the track.

This will NOT be the policy at any other Atlanta Region events and if things go well this year I'll re-open negotiations on the policy for 2009. I agree it's not "user friendly", but it's simply part of the price we (currently) pay for having an event at Barber Motorsports Park.