-Robert Thiele
-John Alexandropoulas

ITS
-Matt Rooke
-Jeff Harding
-Greg Amy (5th overall!)

ITA
-Geoff Branscombe, by a mile
-Joe DiMinno, on a flat tire for three laps (They don't call him "crazy" for nuttin'...)
-John Branscombe, who did a "Dave Gran" and didn't report to impound, thus was DQ'd (ALWAYS report to impound if you're not sure. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS!!!)
-Doc Breault for the third!

Quick notes:
- HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT weekend. Broiling hot.
- Neat track, seriously rewards bravery, trust in the race car, and consistent momentum. It's also a power track.
- DIRT AND DUST!!! I know it's new, and I know they're trying to grow grass in that sandy soil (we called that place the "Hair Club for Men" because of the planted grasses). But, it's this very fine dust that gets everywhere, and ANY dropping of wheels, even the slightest, causes a massive seriously opaque dust cloud to drift across the track. This is EXTREMELY dangerous: several times I went into a blind cloud at speed and could not - literally - see the front of my car. Unless dust control is addressed pronto I expect we're going to see a pretty serious accident there.
- ROCKS!!! Where there wasn't dust, there was gravel across the track. Dropping off a wheel (guilty!), even the slightest, shot handfulls of these marble-sized round rocks onto the surface.

More importantly, the event ran silky smooth. SNJR and all stewards, volunteers, etc should pat themselves on the back for an event well-run. If you had landed here from another planet, not knowing this was a new track, you'd never know they were working with a new-to-them facility. Terry did a great job keeping it all together and even, upon recognizing our laps were faster than expected, increased our race length by 20%.

In summary, a neat track, a "Mecca" in terms of value-priced hotels, food, stores, fuel costs, friendly townsfolk. A PITA to get to from CT (NJ roads SUCK!!!) though well worth the drive.

Big thumbs-up to all! - GA