Herring is a NASTY fish.......

I fully believe that is how IT would be run, at least at first. I still worry about: (a) losing regional race dates, etc. if we merge but keep the regional/national distinction and (b) the influence that other racer cultures will have on IT if we go national.

In any event, I respect the "go National" position and am frankly a bit hopeful that the guys on the "inside" think it is a good idea. Means management ain't as bad as it may so appear when you look at the really farked up classes like Prod and GT.

I've posted this elsewhere, but if you get rid of the National/Regional distinction and the effect that would have on traditionally strong regional weekends, you are far more likely to get my support for this (one vote that it is!).

Otherwise, it's Spec TR8 in NASA and you guys will lose HUNDREDS of drivers as a result.......lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
Boy, you guys sure do jump on red herrings quickly, LOL. They must be tasty.

Jeff...in long past discussions with the CRB, when we were just shooting the s8it, and the national thing came up, the issue of IT being run by us, (as opposed to the CRB and the BoD) came up, and it was met with 100% absolute certainty that if IT were to go National, that nothing would change in regards to the ruleset and the running of the category. (that's the CRB's position) Now, of course, we haven't really sat down and had actual official meetings over it, and the suggestion was tuned down by the BoD, but, that's one concern that I don't share.

I know, call me naive', but remember, i'm on the inside and know the characters.