I've finally got the header piece of sheet metal and have the windshield frame pulled out close to where it should be. But, now the corner of the cage is pushed down maybe a couple of inches. When I inspected the tubes, I don't see any deformation in them or in the mount pads. So, I'm wondering about cutting out the bar that goes past my head and down the windsheld frame and down to the front pad. Or should I just apply some persuasion on the corner that's pushed down to try to get it closer. I was told, althought from what I've seen it's not true, that the under-chassis are cheap, so cheap in fact the cage is worth more than the under-chassis. So that it's more economical to pull the cage straight and roach the chassis even more for the sake of cutting out a straigher cage and putting it in a new chassis. At this stage, I'd rather save as much of the chassis and cage, and only change the least amount I can. Does this make sense? What experiences do you have piecing your car and cage back togeather?

James