Actuall, not to quibble with you, but S cars have gone 39 at RA before, and I think the A track record is 42 or so.

Bottom line is, and I think we agree, SCCA's present classifications system doesn't really give you a "good" place to race. That I totally agree with but for your specific car -- a Cobra R -- hard to know how to fix it. There just aren't enough cars like that for an easy fix.

An ITR V8 Mustang on the other hand....well, if that goes through, you may end up racing in one of the largest classes we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrar05 View Post
I think you would find that its more track specific. My Cobra R would not get caught up with R and S cars at Road Atlanta where the HP comes into play more than at a place like CMP.

We run 1:39 with my co driver and 1:42/1:43 with me at Road Atlanta. Grid up at Barber and the amount of cornering and lack of straight away brings the V8 cars right back to the lighter R and S cars.

I will also tell you that its Katie bar the door for me at Road Atlanta or VIR when I am out there with NASCAR Cup stock cars in the same run group. Street stock(my Cobra R is a T1 car and so its street legal) on the race track with 10 800hp NASCAR Cup cars and another several tube frame Trans AM cars. Thats just stupid. The closing rate is scary.