Forgive me if this comes across wrong but . . .

Enough already! This miata cage issue has nothing to do with the March FasTrack but it has been brought up repeatedly and seemingly at least half of Dave's responses over the past 6 months seem to make some reference to it. We get it you're not happy either with the "illegal" cages or the way in which your letter has been handled.

But enough is enough. You signature lists a Spec Miata and obviously you feel that the illegal cage issue offers some kind of advantage. Next race you enter protest a car. With essentially no bond to post the protest fee will cost you less than the time you have already spent discussing this at length. Then you have a ruling. If you don't like it, appeal. That will tell you if national feels the modification is really legal. And if at the end of all that it turns out to be then you can either change your car to take advantage of it or lobby to have the rule change.

Notice that none of the above requires you to bring this up here, over and over. As I said we all get it. You think people are building illegal cars. But there is a process to determine that and it doesn't appear that you have been following it.

Arguing about the process by which your letter has been handled makes little sense when there is already a process in place to determine compliance. A process which I don't believe you have followed. Use the system in place and see what the outcome is.