>> The one point that gets lost here is that I think diversity like this doesn't make better racing.

I'm with Jeff on this. Diversity is a hallmark of the kind of racing we do. People have bought into Spec Miata for lots of different reasons but I believe that we're going to see an increasing number of those drivers realize that their decisions were based on misconceptions. Watch for a increase in the number of IT Miatae in the next couple years. I'm also struggling to understand your definition of "better racing," perhaps - to be fair - because a big part of MY personal definition is cars with different relative advantages competing in the same class, dealing with the same circumstances. I think a lot of our competitors feel the same way, as evidenced by the fact that they seem to choose a variety of cars.

>> With their cheap costs, we could get a lot of V8 cars.

And this is a problem how? A cynic would suggest that you might be objecting because it will be possible to achieve competitive times while spending less dough. I confess that a little part of my primitive skeptic brain is waiting for someone to say, "I spent $70K making my 300zx go fast and I just don't want to be on the same track with those cheap POS American cars." I'm not sure yet exactly what my response might be but I'm leaning toward "Bummer."

>> When there is such a big differences, if the V8 cars are wrong for the class, there will be a lot of pressure to fix the class.

It might just be that I'm not following here. There is SOME possibility I suppose that, as the ITAC gains experience and data for the proposed V8 cars, it becomes necessary to invoke the Performance Compensation Adjustment clause. But that's "fixing the car" not "fixing the class." If there's something I'm missing on this, help me understand it.

>> If one shows up with a rocket, is it great prep or great cams, nobody knows. A lot of problems are solved when similar cars are classed together.

That's enforcement and NO make/model eligibility, preparation rule, or policy enforce rules in Club Racing. We're all responsible for understanding and protesting anything that we have a problem with. And I don't see that there's ANY correlation between diversity and noncompliance. If anything, we tend to see more cheats - or maybe chase more into the light - in spec classes than in multi-marque classes. If you are suggesting that this is the case because it is in fact harder to know what to protest on a car with which you aren't familiar, I'll grant you that. However, the problem is the same for all of us.

Sorry. With respect, Bob - you make a great case for why YOU don't want to race against these cars but no case that excluding them is good for the class or Club Racing.

We've got a collective obligation to make sure that we get the cars matched reasonably well in terms of their potential. There's NO assurance - nor SHOULD there be on - that some models won't develop an advantage through development of a knowledge base, affordable aftermarket parts, or even sheer numbers. There is a very good possibility that the Camaro might be the right horse for some course but that in and of itself isn't a problem.

K