Hey all,

It sure looks like 2008 is going to be a jam packed year for the NEDIV IT racers and with the development of the PRO IT series coming out of Jersey, the calendar is certainly going to offer a great deal of opportunity to run some highly contested events next season.

As a production car driver I wanted to make the NEDIV IT community aware that there is a new production car series coming as well in 2008. I am bringing this to your attention for 2-reasons.

(1) if any one running IT knows a prod racer that has a car sitting in the barn PLEASE let them know that the series will be running in 2008 and we would welcome their involvement.

(2) DP is a class that offers an opportunity for IT cars and possibly others to "double-dip" if desired, and the DP class will be actively included in the production car series.

I want to make it clear this is not an attempt to drive IT cars/drivers from what I consider a very healthy IT series but more of an opportunity for additional track time and enjoy the experience of running with another sub-set of SCCA racers. Of course any IT car can run DP and not be a part of the series, however any DP car running the North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge will be eligible to win a FREE entry fee to the 2008 ARRC. The sponsorship of this award will be finalized before the new year. Originally this award was to allow the driver to run the ARRC in DP, but after much consideration it was decided that the DP winner would be able to take the "award" and use it in the IT class of choice. e.g. an ITS car wins DP (series points), the ITS car can take the award to run the ARRC in ITS.

Again, I only ask to spread the word, and consider the series an addtitional option. Our website will be fully functional next week (12/17) but our home page is up and running now complete with a discussion forum, and the link is: www.production-car.com

Talk to you all later.

Jay R. Creel