No Dog in this hunt but
top 4 slots on ITB grid VW Golf
And I think they finished 1-4 as well. Looks like some one needs to look at the classification or weight of this car.

Cheers SteveP [/b]

Ok, not to continue any bad blood here but why all the animosity against mk3 VW's. I seem to remember that only a few years ago the car was classed in ITA and was not competitive.

Chris Shafsma (SP? sorry) in CHI. region has consistently kicked my butt on shorter courses in his MK2 (which is very much a B car). From my experience (having a track record at Road America) the mk3 chassis belongs on a longer course like what was witnessed at the ARRC this year. I can promise all that if the race was on a 2 mile course, the results would be much different.

In all honesty this is the first year that many people including myself have gone out and done 10/10 builds on this chassis. It is a natural progression for the sport and I feel it belongs in B at the same weight.

On to the tech and tear downs...

I am all for an increase in entry fee to have complete tear downs after the race, it is the only way to 100% eliminate any issues fairly.

Also please excuse my ignorance here and explain how these are done.

What is a Whistler and a Cam Doctor? How do they check gear ratios? With the open final drive rule it seems like they would have to tear every case apart to do this.

A little confused,

Aaron