As the title states, this will be a budget ITC Civic build. I had posted a question about a DX which was moved to ITB, but it turns out the shell I bought was actually a standard, and not a DX.

I am capable of doing all my own labor including welding, so that saves a lot of money. The goal is to have the car reliable enough to give me plenty of track time in 2008, go fast mods will come later.

Today was a breakthrough day which prompted me to post some progress, I purchased a parts car and my first project was to get one complete running car, so I stripped the parts car, which has a very rusty floor and rear quarters, but had a rust free hatch, doors, hood, and front fenders. I was only hoping to get a hatch,wiring harness, ECU, bumpers, and dash from the parts car so the other rust free parts are a bonus. Another bonus is the engine, it was supposed to be non-running, and that's true, it doesn't run. But a quick compression test revealed just a blown head gasket, so the block is fine. This engine will be rebuilt while the engine and tranny I found for sale locally for $50 will go in the car, that engine is fine and will just receive tune up parts for next year.

Does anyone have any used shocks, or springs, or any other racing goodies for sale cheap? The parts car came with Ground Control sleeves already, but of course it came with 200lb, and 180lb springs which are useless.
Some pictures...

Parts car

HUGE Honda and TINY Honda together, amazing how far Honda has come since 1988 when this design came out. The Odyssey weighs more than twice as much, and has more than 3 times the power It is the tow vehicle

Let the swap commence! My wife is not happy about losing her half of the garage, but it's only for a week or so.

Mostly stripped, I'm keeping the doors too.

Engine in the race car. I'm sure it will be out 4 or 5 times before the car is ready

Dash, harness, and other bits from the parts car transplanted into the shell. No rust at all on this shell, it's perfect..except for the multiple colors.