So I took the Z3 to a local body/frame shop and they told me not to bother with it, but get another. Now I've been looking online and havn't found many good replacement Z3's. Besides, it's too tail happy to be a good race chassis on our tracks. So these are some of the options I'm considering and some good and bad points to each:

Miata 1.8l: Good, cheap to buy plenty out there, lots of parts avalible. Downsides, it's still a short wheel base chassis, I'd have to buy all the parts to make it race ready.

Camero v6: Good, also cheap plenty out there, parts are avalible, it's a longer wheel base car so should be more stable. Downsides, the motor gain is a huge unknown, I'd also have to buy all the parts to make it race ready.

e-36 328: Good, I can use some of the Z3 suspension and motor parts, it's a stable chassis that's good on our tracks. Downside, well it'll cost more to buy than the others and the least avalible of the options I'm considering.

e-46 328: Good, it's probably better than the e-36 aero and chassis wise, and more plentiful than the e-36. Downside, it's more expensive than anything else and I'll have to buy mostly new parts to make it race ready.

I know that I should probably do a cost/benefit analysis. I may wind up selling the street Z3 to fund this and get CFO buy in. Untill then I think I'm going to store the Z3 racer untill it's ready for vintage, then I'll pull out the chassis and reassemble it. Any thoughts??