I am in the process of trying to prepare a 1995 miata for ITA next year. Asside from now needing a new transmission and engine and cage... I have a question about the top required. my car has a hard top from the previous owner, but my sense is that it is not a factory top because the mounting bolt holes are different.

In the 2007 Improved Touring section of the GCR... (8.f) there is nothing that dictates a factory hard top as far as I can tell whereas in the spec miata section there is an explicity rule that says you need a factory hard top.

So.. mine is heavier than stock and I figured out how to mount it with AL plates that I made... is there any reason why I cannot use this one legally? I am looking to not incur costs that I do not need to incur (getting tight already) but do not want to be illegal with what I (very newbie) am considering a "replacement part... from sourcces other than the manufacturer." The specs are prolly not 100% exact (worse in my case... weight) and is made of the same materials.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brad