Last week I had a chance to spend the day at Gingerman with some friends that were performing a comparison test for their auto magazine (motivemag.com). We spent the day alternating short (5-7 lap)sessions in 4 cars (short sessions as they were street cars). They recently made a decision to utilize V-box hardware to measure performance during their vehicle tests, and since they had the track for the day - Vbox came out and provided training / tech support for the day.

Anyhow - I was really impressed with what this system could do, even in a basic configuration with no external inputs. The ability to review laps, compare laps from the same or different sessions was very usefull. It was easy to see the differences between individual drivers, and how each one was actually acheiving often similar laps in very different ways.

Basically I was impressed enough that I may even move this peice of equipment ahead of the radio system on my priority list. My question is - does anyone here have experience with this particular system that can offer commentary on it's usefulness in week in week out racing? Or even better has anyone here used this system, AND used other systems and can offer some insight to the advantages/disadvantages of either?

thanks