our latest peoplesoft conversion update at work isn't really working at all, which means i'm sitting here killing time thinking about racing. in my constant debate on whether to go full-on IT racing and build a car to the IT ruleset, or to get some toyos and go back to SM, i started pricing out a motor build for each.

in my travels i've found lots of neat stuff over at ISC, baffled oil pans, oil coolers, crank scrapers, headers, etc, but have only seen overbore pistons on mazda motorsports' website. it looks to me those puppies will run about $500 plus the cost of boring/sleeving the block. i'm guessing about $1k by the time it's all done. this one item alone basically doubles my build costs.

i thought previously that mazda didn't offer .40 overs, but only .20 overs, and i thought i'd remembered people saying they weren't worth much over the stock pistons. i'm wondering if .40's provide more/worthwhile gains. coming from SM i know how valuable each 1/2hp is, but i don't think twice as high of a price tag for 1hp/1ftlb is worth it.