OK, last night I finished plumbing the radiator, jacked up left side, filled to top of radiator, jacked up right side and filled to top of filler neck. All is good, right? So as I am on to other (worse) jobs like wiring the tach and shift lite, I notice a small trickle of water running out from under the car. OK, loose hose or a water port I forgot to cap off, not to worry. Well upon further inspection, it appears that the water is running out from between the intake and engine right underneath the outside intake ports. In looking at the old engine on the ground, there is a rectangular port under the ports front/rear but the gasket on the old motor had them sealed off. There does not appear to be a corresponding port on the intake to match up with it.

My question is: is this port normally sealed with gasket maker between the gasket and engine? The factory manual makes no such recommendation, and the old gasket had no additional sealant on the old motor. It looks like I'll have to pull the lower intake back off, but I'd like to have a plan before I begin. Open to any and all suggestions.

TIA,

Chris