Guys,

I would suggest that everyone running a Carburated IT car submit a letter similiar to the one I sent in (see below):

Originally posted by Darin E. Jordan

Dear members of the CRB,

With the current opening of the ECU rules, I contend that you have created a situation that will make EFI cars more competitive than carburated cars. Please either allow unlimited alternate carbs for carbureted models or allow carbureted cars to use an aftermarket EFI system. If these are not acceptable choices then please rerun to formula used for classification to include 100lbs for all EFI cars.

Thanks for your consideration on this matter.

Sincerely,
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080
The "Process" does not take into consideration all of the gains in the "middle" that a fully programable ECU can achieve, which NO carburated car ever could... Even a fully "Weber'd" car can only adjust the low, mid, and upper RPM ranges to a certain degree... There is NO way that a Carb'd car will every be able to achieve the tune that an EFI car with fully programable ECU can, so there needs to be some balance regained here...

Since the "Process" works off of estimated "potential" peak HP, and now all the ECU cars will have unlimited tuning potential at every possible RPM range using Stand-alone ECUs and aftermarket computers, etc., there should be some allowance for older cars to upgrade and achieve the same benefits...

Those who disregard the significance of the tune in the "middle" need to go back and re-evaluate what they think they know about car racing... the race is NOT won at WOT... NOT in Road-Racing...

If you have a voice, USE it and see if there can be some measure of "balance" restored to IT...

Good Luck!