My Run Group 8 perspective/.02

The race started great for me. There were a couple people that came out to race on rains that lost the coin toss. For those of us that went out on dry’s that was what was needed. The track was still slick in places but by the end of the race I was running at 100% at almost all places on the track.
I like the second chicane. Since I have done/do lots of instructing for most of the car clubs which run this configuration I am very comfortable with a fast line through there. It was a little bit tricky getting through with the whole field on the start. Turn three was also a little tricky and I got a little nudge (dent) in the right rear from someone as I was going up the hill. The front wheel drive pulled well for the first couple laps while the rear wheel drive cars were still a little slower while their tires warmed up and the track dried out more. I was able to make it by Scott Carlson for the lead within the first couple laps. I was psyched! He and I have had some great racing in the past and I knew this was going to be another great one. I have lots of respect for his driving skill and car setup ability. I felt our cars were fairly evenly matched so it was ON!
Since a couple of the fast ITS guys did not get as good as a start as I did I knew I would have to let some by. I let a couple of the faster ITS cars by on laps 4 through 8 and they slowed me up a little in the corners but for the most part they were able to steadily pull a car length or two each lap to not effect me. Every time I let an ITS car by and had to lift a little Scott caught me but I was able to start slowly pulling away from him after the ITS cars pulled ahead enough. Many of the ITS guys got a point by from me and a slight lift. On lap 8 I pointed my last ITS car by. The rest of the race was a challenge to try and stay in front of Scott who was hot on my rear bumper after every corner. I'd pull away then he would catch me. The ITS car in front of me was making me work extra hard to concentrate on what was in front of me and Scott who was behind me. It was an action packed 6 or 7 laps with me in the middle.
At the very last corner of the last lap the three of us caught a lapped car and Scott made an inside dive that gave him the inside line and me not much choice. I went off track and came back on behind Scott to finish the race in second.
It was an exciting race that had it's highs and lows.
This post does not intent to blame anyone for anything. I look forward to racing in ITB with the ITS guys.

The above post was edited by me after a much needed beer :-)
No offense was meant - it was my vent.