Here is what you do:

1. Eliminate all the requirements and allowances that cost huge money to be competitive (like you have suggested with trannies, etc). Most everyone in IT likes the IT ruleset. It provides enough to be creative yet not so much that it will kill you trying to get to the top (and even that is relative). In order to phase in 'success', I do think you will have to embrace two seperate levels of prep. You need an 'entry' level of prep and you can keep what you have - but BOTH must be competitive. Tough job but its the only way to open the doors to new drivers/builders while keeping your current mebership somewhat happy.

2. Stop the moving target. Steve's example is CRITICAL to the understanding when none of us build these cars.

So the question is how 'entry' is your new 'entry level'. Allowing IT cars 'as is', is not the answer. These are two different classes and they should remain as such. Simple (and maybe 'reversable&#39 changes are what should be considered. I don't think fuel cells are needed. Make me take my lights out - no problem. Allow me to run DOT tires - who cares? I suppose a weight penality (or allowance, depending on how you look at it) for the big tranny, relocated suspension pick up points, big motors, etc is the way to go. THAT will take a lot of work.

Limited Prep Prod had/has SO MUCH potential. You just have to look at it from the outside looking in, instead of the inside looking out.