So last month I came across the scales at IRP 10# under weight in SM. We made a mental error and that was that. The woman that was running the scales had me go around and weigh again and we were still 10# under. She wanted me to make a third lap but I said no it's fine, we're under, I'll take the DQ, no big deal. Went to impound and talked to the other two guys that finished in the top three and told them we were under weight and would be DQed. After impound I found the guy that had finished 4th and told him to make sure to pick up his trophy for 3rd place. I obviously wasn't hiding the fact we were illegal! So imagine my surprise when I check the official results and we kept our 3rd place finish!

Question is...who makes the call on weight? Does another driver have to protest? Is it an automatic protest from the stewards? If the drivers have to protest are they supposed to be informed by the stewards that someone was under weight? How eles would you a driver find out? You can't be expected to stand there and watch all your fellow competitors being weighed.