On an interesting sidenote, if I am speculating correctly, Mr Bettencourts car didn't start in grid without a bump start. And if he has no fan on the car, he could not leave it idling during the black flag all in the pits. IF the race had restarted, there was a chance he might not have been able to rejoin without outside assistance, which means that....Richie would have won.

But, the race was never restarted, so that bullet was dodged.

This is all speculation, as I don't know if he has a fan or not, and if the no start condition fixed itself when running.
[/b]
My car has a wierd hot-start problem but this wasn't it. My alternator light wasn't on but it was starting to 'glow' and the car might have been running on battery alone. It didn't want to idle and I was very concerned I would finish. Above 3K rpm it was fine. I have both OEM fans in the car so I never had to shut her down while under red or under black in the pits. I would have been fine for a restart because I never shut the car off. The car was just coming in and ready to rock and roll when the incident stopped action.I am guessing a low 1:02 was in the cards under the warmer conditions.

Glad all are ok. I don't mind losing track time in the name of safty because one day that will be me who needs to be 'saved'.

Big ups to the Doc...it's amazing how much HP you can find in the corners when you get a real set-up!