This kinda got lost in the other thread, but recent developments have re-opened some possibilities for the 2007 ARRC Enduro(s). I need to discuss the options with the ARRC Committee and our workers, but input from y'all can go a long way in determining the direction we'll take:

Option A -
. One Three-Hour Enduro on Sunday, two required pit stops
. All cars from big to small (ITO, ITU, ITR, ITS, ITA, IT7, ASM, SSM, ITB, ITC, ITT, SRX, whatever)
. $350 entry fee regardless of how many drivers
. 60-minute qualifying session on Sunday morning (which could well be split into two sessions)

Option B -
. Two 90-minute Enduros on Sunday, each with one required pit stop
. Enduro A would be "small" cars (ITU, ASM, SSM, ITB, ITC, SRX, etc.)
. Enduro B would be "big" cars (ITO, ITR, ITS, ITA, IT7)
. swap the order each year so everybody gets hosed equally on the late departure
. $250 entry fee regardless of how many drivers
. 30-minute qualifier for each group on Sunday morning

Advantages to Option A:
. more track time (assuming you're fast enough in your class to make the show)
. easier to split the cost (and track time) with two of your buddies

Advantages to Option B:
. 140 slots available instead of 70 (although it's more likely we'd have 45-50 in each group)
. less speed differential in each group (more time racing and less time watching your mirrors)
. half of you get to pack up earlier than the other half each year
. more breaks for the workers (three hours is a LONG time to be on station)

It's probably a wash financially to the region. Granted there's the chance to collect more entry fees if both events are fully subscribed, but there's also the chance at less entry fees. We'd make more with 70 entries in Option A vs. 45 entries in each race of Option B. 49 entries in each race would be the break-even point for us. Either option gives me a sprint race on Sunday afternoon, so that's a wash as well.

I'll be away from the computer for the next week, but I'm CERTAINLY interested in your thoughts on this. And again, this is under consideration for the 2007 ARRC.

Our next Race Board meeting in June 25, so let me know...

Butch Kummer
ARRC Committee Chairman