Although a point of interest in the nearby "Hot" June Fastrack thread, I was afraid it would get lost in the Spec Miata stuff, ergo this new thread.

There seems to be an opinion shared by some, that the ITCS requires the exhaust exit to be outside the car body. IMO, this is NOT true... here's the quote from page 296 of the current GCR:

Any exhaust header and exhaust system may be used. Exhaust shall exit behind the driver, and shall be directed away from the car body</span>.[/b]
Now maybe I&#39;m being too liberal with the wording, but I see absolutely nothing in here that requires the exhaust exit to be "...outside the car body", as stated somewhere in the Fastrack thread. On my ITB car, the exhaust exit is just in front of the rear axle, about a foot inside the right rear wheel, ending with a turndown tip that points the exhaust at the ground. This meets both of the above requirements, to the letter... it&#39;s behind the driver, and it&#39;s directed away from the car body. What am I missing?