Hello All,

Sorry to say I was not at LRP with you this weekend. For those of you who saw me limping at Pocono, it turns out I've pinched my sciatic nerve (prior to the races). I can't walk very well or far right now, certainly can't do the things I need to do at the track. Sucks bigtime. Hope all went well and you are all dry, if not warm.

At any rate I was perusing the supps for the next LRP event put on by NER. They state:

Oversubscribed groups – every effort will be made to allow entrants a chance to race. It is possible that classes may be moved to an earlier group or accommodated by the following procedure. Changes will be announced over the PA system and posted at the base of the tower.

"OPTION 1: In the event that there are more than 38 cars entered in a group the following procedure applies: Qualifying times for each car are compared as a percentage of the class leader’s time. Cars with the highest percentages become alternates. Cars with higher than 120% may be excluded. In single class race groups, the fastest 38 cars qualify.

OPTION 2: If a race group is over subscribed, the group will be split into 2 qualifying sessions. Each session will last 10 minutes. The fastest 38 qualifiers will race in the original race-group; the remaining cars will be moved to a different race group (chief steward’s discretion) as a consolation race. No points or trophies awarded for consolation races regardless of finish position. Cars that did qualify but not in the top 38, may wait at false grid of their original race group in case of a no show by a top 38 entrant. Alternates will be
filled using final qualifying times in the order they qualified, #39 will receive the first option followed by #40, 41, etc. Alternate grid positions will be after the last original qualifiers."

I would like some clarification. Is it the intent that since "class leader" in a mixed class run group really means class leaders? Is it the intent that the 'percentage of leaders speed' rule will be used in proportion to each of the classes in a run group? Lets take ITR/ITS/ITB as an example. Let's say there are 48 total entries in Group 6 - 4 ITR (8.3%), 24 ITS (50%) and 20 ITB (41.7%). Is it the intent to drop 1 ITR, 5 ITS and 4 ITB to the consolation race?

If option 2 is taken, will the separate qualifying session be by class or in a mixed group? I sure would want the draft from an ITR/S car in qualifying my B car.

If there are 'no points' awarded to those in the consolation race is it the intent that one would not even earn the one NARRC point for starting a NARRC listed race? How about the 4 NARRC bonus points for a race at a new track? Is the intent just not to award the 12-9-7-etc. NARRC points for finishing position?

I am not saying this supplemental rule is not fair. I am not saying this supplemental rule is not rational. Just looking to clarify what the intent is as written.

And I am very bored being laid up for a week and very frustrated not to be at LRP racing today.

Dave Zaslow