I, too, am sad to hear of these events. I don't like the fact that people think so little of their fellow competitors that they can circumvent the rules (the rules are what they are, and we need to live by them or attempt to change them by correct procedures). I am not pleased that someone felt that they could not continue with the club (but that is their problem, and they seem to have brought it on all by themselves).

I am, however very relieved that our system works. And that we have many more members with very high integrity who persued the issue in a very sportsman-like way. The end result, that a car that was prepared way beyond the limits of the rules has been at least temporarily removed from competition. The actions of the protestors were conducted in the highest standards of our sport. I am proud to be associated, even if only distantly with them.

Sorry it had to come to this, but I guess that in order to keep our sport clean, a little vacuming is necessary every once in a while.

I do have two concerns with the aftermath, not with the protest, but with the after action process.

1) If the protest etc. is not appealed, no one outside of this forum will ever know about it for future reference.

2) The protest was firstly against the car, and secondly against the driver/entrant. Was the protest and the results noted in the logbook? Was the logbook pulled? If this is not part of the process, should it be?

My concern is that sometime down the road, this car gets sold, as is, and some poor driver who was not told the truth about its preparation could be stuck with the same questionable parts.

Having information about the vehicle recorded and requiring a full annual inspection per GCR 5.9.2 A (which states "A full and complete Technical and Safety Inspection" would preclude this vehicle from returing to competition in its present state.

Again, my concern here is for someone who might innocently purchase this car.

But, anyway. Thanks to those who uphold our sport. I am looking forward so much to meeting you all in August.