About a month ago, I was driving down I-5 in my somewhat tired, but still serviceable 1994 GMC K2500 Suburban when it went "bang" and decided not to "go" anymore. Turns out that the transfer case had failed, for the second time in about 45000 miles. So that prompted me to consider next steps and options for a heavy hauler.

In my research, I think I have discovered a "hole" in the market!

I really like the functionality of a large SUV. I need to have the ability to haul a heavy trailer (10,000 lbs.), and also haul up to 8 people. The only solutions have been the Suburban or the Excursion. Since the Excursion's last year was 2005, that left the Suburban/Yukon XL - or so I thought!

I went to the GMC web site and tried to build a Yukon XL 3/4 ton with 4WD and it doesn't appear to handle a 10,000 lbs. load anymore!

I have looked around at the SUV market, and it seems that there are no more heavy duty SUVs being made. Does anyone here know more/different?

Anybody know why Ford quit making the Excursion? What a fine machine it was! Wish I would have taken advantage of some great deals back a few years ago...

Hmm...to keep feeding the GMC as it deteriorates, or look for another newer used tow rig??

Thanks,
Mike