I know, and while nobody has an issue with helping out the workers, I think the concensus was that this will probably hurt the voluntary donations a lot of us used to add to our entry fees.

Labor Day will still be a double, but it will be held under one sanction number. I believe the primary reason this was done was to discourage the guys who only come out for this one weekend to retain their licenses.
[/b]

That's what I was thinking Earl. I always kicked in an extra $10 or $20 to the worker fund. And while the things I'm about to say may sound like worker-bashing, they are anything but that. It just seems to me, if you're paying for people's membership dues, and feeding them at the track, they start becoming less volunteers and more paid staff.

As far as running two races over a 3-day event, under one sanction, there's all kinds of implications to that one. The first thing that comes to mind is that the cost should actually go down from last year, since they're not paying for the second sanction. And what does it matter if people only decide to race that one weekend all year? National racers have been getting away w/ running 3 or 4 weekends just to 'go to the show' for years. Why would you want those people to potentially spend their money elsewhere (e.g. Nelson dbl, Pocono dbl)? I just don't get that one. And how do you handle the folks that only want to run one day? I would imagine that they have to declare which race gets the sanction number. Gotta wonder about insurance coverage too, since one of those races will not be an SCCA-sanctioned race, will the WDCR have to get additional insurance?

Ummm...they're getting to race.

Things cost more, for one thing, and there are more participants vying for the same dates for another.[/b]
Is that how you look at it Jake? Everybody should just roll over and say 'thank you, may I have another'?

Andy,

I agree, Pocono is not much of a track, and the track mgmt. really could care less about the SCCA.