Steve, I still think I lost the last engine due to a piece of spark plug coming off in the engine. In retropsect I never had an OMP issue, but Chris (Ludwig) found that one of the rear oil injectors was bad. Also, it looks like I may have had a bad OEM fuel pressure gauge. Also, I wasn't getting enough voltage to the fuel pump. I.e. I had several issues that came together in a "perfect storm" kind of way. The best move I've made was to take the entire car to Chris and have him go through it. I'm ready to roll now.

In an earlier post I expressed approval for your proposal if we have to open it up.

My personal feelings about the issue is that I am not much concerned about the few Motec-in-a-box guys out there because they are going to out-prep and out-drive me anyway. I am more concerned about having to spend another $1000 minimum just to keep up w/ the average guy when we have good, competitive racing now. I don't see that as progress. When these options show up in Fastrack most IT competitors (who aren't here) aren't going to understand what it is all about or what the objectives are. So they will just "vote" in the way that is best for them, which may or may not be best for the class.

I've asked this before but don't recall an answer. If we open it up, and we all go out and spend the $1000 -$2000, are we going to be in a better place than we are today other than maybe shaving a few tenths off our times?