This IS an interesting issue, since the ITAC has based some cars' race weights on their "not being able to reach the formula IT gain %" - or words to that effect. Or maybe it's a non-issue, if the current weights were all figured based on the POSSIBILITY that all FI cars could do Haltech-in-a-box kind of stuff, rather than on the different question of whether anyone was actually DOING it??

K [/b]
I'll quote myself from post #1 on the other thread:

What I mean by that it that the process the ITAC uses basically assumes that most cars will acheive a certain % increase in the IT build, and the ECU mods are considered to be part of that increase.[/b]
So, yes, the basis for the process that is applied to all cars assumes that the ECU gains will be there. If the ECU can't fit in the box, thats not considered, as in some cases, the car can make nearly all but the last couple percent (of the potential ECU gains) with chip tuning and other methods. And in some casses, the car won't be able to acheive any kind of increase, but thats considered the lesser evil.

In cases where a car has either well documented known hp, or has other physical propeties that are known to affect it's output, there can be discussion about the process, but in general, it is assumed that the car will be able to exploit the ECU rule, whether it can or not.