I understand, but that is a problem all cars face -- a full blow, max out build motor/suspension/etc. is going to cost dollars. A Milledge 944 motor is not cheap, but neither is a Sunbelt Z motor. Hell, a Race Engineering SPEC MIATA motor will set you back $6-7k these days.

So again, if the high cost of building a full prep model is what drives people away from SCCA in their 944, not sure there is much that can be done about that. It's true of all other cars, it's just that most other cars don't have a viable alternative series like 944 Cup to run in.

I would also suggest that where the 944 is harder to build a motor for, it is probably less expensive to max out suspension, brakes and handling.

All cars have pluses and minuses. A minus for the 944 is the cost of a 100% engine effort. However, if one really wanted to race SCCA, we aren't talking about an impossible amount of dollars. It just comes down to issues of choice, and unfortunately the car can't be classed at a particular weight just because it is hard to build the motor to make power necessary at that weight, and because as a result others will go elsewhere.

Why? Because someone WILL build the 155 whp motor at the lower weight and that wouldn't be fair to the other guys at 100% prep levels in other models at the correct process weight.

All that said, I sure would like to see more of those 944 Cup cars in ITS and A. Just don't know how to get them there in a way that doesn't hurt A or S.