There were acceptable turnouts at the Firecracker Regional at BHF, and at the Fall Sprints at BHF, but in general it would be great to see another 3,4,5 cars each weekend.

I think we have a great foundation for a very competitive class. Several cars there now are genuinely competitive with each other, provided other incidents don't get us too separated in the races.

I have been in contact with a previously fast ITB Rabbit driver that is working on an A3 Golf ITB car now, and have 2-3 other aquaintances that are actively shopping for ITB or ITA cars. I have also been recruiting a friend who has had success at Midwest Council events for years to come join us.

On top of that I believe that several of the cars that were there this year are working to be better and faster next year. I am finally ditching the 2nd hand stock motor for a true ITB lump, and may even start using tires that were not designed 10 years ago. Hopefully Bill gets the engine issues resolved in the Scirocco and comes back strong next year. Michael mentioned that he will be going over his Golf this winter to be sure it is ready to compete next spring.

I am just getting really excited about the fun, close, competitve races we should have next year! So is this just over optomistic thinking, or are we going to have more, and faster cars in ITB for 2007? Post up here if you are planning to run in CenDiv next year.

I will be running my white '86 VW, hopefully with an improved engine. The X-factor is a new baby boy due the first week of March, but I plan to do as many events as possible.

A friend of mine is shopping right now for personal safety gear and an ITB Golf, and plans to run next year.

I will go out on a limb and predict that Bill and Michael will be back next year.

So that's (4) racers. Who else is out there?